Please note: These terms cover the use of the following sites:
What information do we collect?
In order to use the site, we ask you to register and obtain a Username and Password. The information collected when you register includes:
- your full name
- email address
- postal address
- telephone number
- your specialty
- your subscription details (if relevant)
- the organisation at which you are based (if relevant)
Cookies are anonymous, unique alphanumeric identifiers sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie being stored on your computer is specific to your computer. We use "session" cookies to collect information about your use of the Site. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. The information collected in this way includes:
You can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether by accessing your browser's preferences menu. If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the site.
We also use "permanent" cookies to keep you signed in (unless you sign out) - this means you do not have to remember your Username and Password on every visit and when you enter the jbjs.org.uk site on the same computer it will remember who you are.
- the IP address of your computer (automatically assigned by your Internet Service Provider whenever you log on to the internet)
- the URL address of the site from which you linked to jbjs.org.uk
- the date and time you access the site
- which pages you visit
- the type of browser you use
A full list of cookies that are used across our sites can be found here: http://highwire.stanford.edu/privacy/cookies.dtl.
How we use your data
The data will be used by The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery to provide you with the services offered by boneandjoint.org.uk. If so selected in your My Preferences settings, we will also use it to inform you of new products and services from The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery. You may opt-out of this at any time by sending your registered email and/or postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line. Requests for unsubscribe will be actioned within 14 working days.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We do not rent or sell your information to third parties.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without your consent except under the following circumstances:
- to comply with the law and legal processes, such as, without limitation, in relation to subpoenas, court orders, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims
- to protect out rights and property
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or otherwise as required by law
- to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of the site
- to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public
Emails sent by us
Our marketing emails are sent out using the Message Focus system from Adestra. We do not use conversion tracking on these (which does utilise cookies), however, we do use open tracking. Open tracking uses a one pixel clear GIF, which is stored as a temporary file on the user's computer. You can find out more about open tracking and its relationship to cookies here.
Contacting The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery
22 Buckingham Street
or by email to: email@example.com
Last revised: November 2012