Hosted by the British Orthopaedic Association.
International Convention Centre, Birmingham, UK.
1st-4th October 2013.
The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery are pleased to be able to host some of the highlights from the conference. On this site, you will find video presentations from the BOA Annual Congress. All available sessions are listed below by presentation type.
2. Keynote Lectures
- Howard Steel Lecture: Mark Stevenson
The Future ... and what to do about it
- Presidential Guest Lecture: Henrik Malchau
Putting Evidence into Action
- Adrian Henry Lecture: James Stiehl
Basic science of ligament balancing in total knee arthroplasty
- Charnley Lecture: Robert Barrack
The History of Thromboprophylaxis for Joint Replacement: Ethics, Probity and Science
- Walter Mercer Lecture: Jimmy Hutchinson
Lessons from Beyond the Grave
- Robert Jones Lecture: Peter Kay
Innovation and safety: who should be responsible?
- Naughton Dunn Lecture: Judith Baumhauer
Evidence Versus Anecdote in Foot & Ankle Surgery
3. National Joint Registry sessions
Chaired by P Gregg, Vice Chairman NJR Steering Committee
Chaired by Mark Wilkinson
Chaired by John Timperley
With R Wakeman and D Marsh
Chaired by A Acornley and J Nolan
Prof. Andy Carr
Chaired by A McCaskie and A Sprowson
7. Revalidation/Instructional Sessions
D McBride, J Fitch and D Twigg
Chaired by David Marsh
Chaired by David Clarke
T Briggs, D Stanley, S Shalaby and D Mercieca
8. Foot & Ankle
Prof. Judy Baumhauer
Free Papers: Foot and Ankle
Chaired by M Solan and R Russell
Filming at the British Orthopaedic Association 2013 was kindly sponsored by Arthrex.